Issey Miyake’s Cocoon

August 23, 2014

by Gracia Ventus

Issey Miyake via The Rosenrot | For The Love of Avant-Garde Fashion

Issey Miyake via The Rosenrot | For The Love of Avant-Garde Fashion Issey Miyake via The Rosenrot | For The Love of Avant-Garde Fashion

Issey Miyake via The Rosenrot | For The Love of Avant-Garde Fashion

Wearing Issey Miyake coat, Yohji Yamamoto skirt, and Margiela tabi boots.

(8 comments)

8 thoughts on “Issey Miyake’s Cocoon

• duckalicious

by duckalicious on August 23, 2014 at 7:30 pm

truly sublime. I can’t keep my eyes off the first photo!

• kim

by kim on August 23, 2014 at 8:41 pm

That coat is sensational! Your statement pieces are always such beautiful works of art.

• inkarlcerating

by inkarlcerating on August 25, 2014 at 9:56 am

impeccable.. this is it!

• Bertrand

by Bertrand on August 30, 2014 at 7:50 pm

Somehow I am used to seeing “pleats please” only worn by older women (and generally smaller pieces, boleros, scarves, etc.) – I never figured out why?; At any rate that looks great on you, I am loving that uncanny volume and the shades!

• Gracia Ventus

by Gracia Ventus on August 31, 2014 at 11:45 pm

As far as I’m aware, Issey Miyake fans are generally older ladies who presumably have been loyal to him since decades ago, not to mention that the Pleats Please line has a general matronly vibe. It is not as recognised as CdG nor Yohji except for its perfume line, so I think the label is in desperate need of revitalisation.

• Carolyn

by Carolyn on July 30, 2015 at 5:03 am

Breathtaking! I recently stumbled across your blog and took to your archives. I love how your style has evolved over the years. I would love to see a post about how you developed your current fashion direction and how you incorporate some of your older pieces into your new look.

• AlexInParis

by AlexInParis on October 29, 2015 at 12:53 am

Because they do not want to make any kind of publicity, as some of the PP staff told me “they are scared the line could become trendy and thus loose its “traveling trough time” value “…… I’m a 38 years old woman and I have been wearing PP for 20 years now (I bought my first pants with my first intern pay !). True, the other woman I see in my local (Paris) shop are + 60 years old woman. Again blame the un-communication un-strategy team …..

• Gracia Ventus

by Gracia Ventus on November 3, 2015 at 9:49 am

Hello, thank you very much for leaving your comment and valuable insight. I can only hope that the marketing team is able to find a good marketing formula to sustain the market with adequate communication efforts otherwise there won’t be new customers, which would be a nightmare because I’d love for the company to keep making beautiful products.

I look forward to more perspective and insights from you on Issey Miyake in the future. Many thanks again