Thanks to Mika from Define Delirium I was able to do a proper DIY for once. I’ve always been subconsciously ignoring most DIY tutorials because they tend to be rather art and crafts-y and completely irrelevant to my aesthetics, that is until the DIY vest tutorial came along. I’m so pleased with the end result that I wore it three days straight.
I made slight changes to the original tutorial as I used a flimsy piece of jersey fabric which draped far too much for my liking. I cut another exact piece in a stiffer cotton and had both pieces of fabric professionally hemmed (okay so I cheated a little) by a seamstress. The end result was a billowy thin vest blanket that is light enough to catch wind but retains a definite shape.